Friday, August 08, 2008

The loneliest number...

Well...its 27. The number of gears ONE mountain bike has. Tonight I cycled to my home town from glasgow. Last year it took us over 6 hours (4.5 cycling time). Tonight it took 2hrs and 40mins with no rest stops.

On the way I passed many groups of people. Lazy people on horses. Some joggers. Jakeys with their buckfast. Even other people on bikes. But they were all in groups of two or more.

Why is that? Distraction from the pain. Distraction from the monotony of the same scenery. In the end I gave up and listened to my mp3 player and broke a few laws in doing so. Helpfully jamiroquai and fat boy slim were on there so their up tempo music helped contribute to my pace. The other bonus is that the music does help keep a steady cadence whilst cycling. Maybe I will use that next week whilst cycling to work.

And for you guys keeping score on my spelling. Sorry, I've just posted this from my phone and don't have a spell check on it. Well not a good one anyway.

No comments: