Monday, August 11, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho its off to work we go...

With a shovel and spade, and a hand grenade, Hi Ho Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

Actually it's more like a bike and a lunch and a change of clothes but that doesn't rhyme! Tomorrow sees me cycling 12.6 miles to the office, and then another 12.6 miles home. And if that wasn't enough we've got some evening cycles planned too!

This is the last full week of training before we leave for Sweden, final destination Oslo, Norway. I have to admit I am pretty psyched up! Each day I wake up more tired than the last from cycling, however, after Friday and Saturday I know my fitness levels are nearing their peak (well for cycling anyway).

I think the 55 miles in a day requirement for Sweden won't be exactly easy but it will be manageable by all of us. Regardless though, I am going to ensure that I complete every last mile; I've never been one to give in without a fight.

So...This week schedule is as follows:

07:00:- Leave for work
07:37:- narrowly avoid getting squashed by truck
08:00:- Arrive at work
08:30-17:30:- work (wooo - the more I work the less I cycle)
17:30:- Leave for home
18:30:- Arrive home
18:45:- eat dinner
19:15:- out on bike again!
21:00:- die of heart attack
22:00:- get better for tomorrow

In amongst all that I've got to ensure that I eat properly, specially given that we are leaving next Friday. Unlike the rest of the guys, I don't have much body mass to store energy so I need to ensure that between cycles I eat plenty and replenish what I've just used up...

Thankfully I have the appetite of a hungry thing thats not eaten for a month so eating shouldn't be a problem!

Finally...I am amazed (in a good way) at the amount of money we have raised so far and the amount of money people have said they will donate. Everyones generosity is outstanding and we can't thank enough for the help you have given us or for the difference the donations will make to the children at CHAS.

Thank you!

No comments: