Saturday, August 02, 2008

3 weeks... 21 days...504 hours...

Somehow, Somewhere, when I wasn't looking the past two months have sneaked up on me.

Gothenburg seems within reach and every day I wake up thinking about the cycle. How can I get more training in? Am I eating the right food? Am I going to be able to do it? Is the weather going to beat us? Have we prepared everything we need?

No one can tell what is going to happen on the cycle. We've planned, re-planned and are going to plan again. But that's all that we can do until we are there.

The important thing is to keep momentum going and not to stall anything.

So Sunday training continues as normal. Tomorrow - unless the sky is falling in, we will be doing about 56 miles. I'm also going to take a load of spare shirts, and a few suits to work to change into and cycle into and home from work each day. I drove the route last week and have to admit it is pretty flat so I should be able to do it within a reasonable time. I'd say it will take around an hour each way, maybe a bit less if I step up the speed and eat properly. What this means is that I will complete 24 miles a day. I'll step up the weight lifting to ensure that my upper body strength is built up accordingly.

I REALLY need to study the route to work though as there are two sections which would normally go on the Motorway which is illegal to cycle along. So wish me luck and hope I don't get a criminal record!

No comments: