Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 days to go...

Tonight is the penultimate night. Whats being done? I'm preparing the maps - each cyclist will receive maps for each day broken down into 15 mile sections. This means we will all be able to get to where we need to be and should we be separated - reduce the chances of getting lost.

Today we had some excellent news in the form of replies to emails about the cycle. First of all Rock Radio mentioned the cycle on the lunchtime show - unfortunately I didn't hear this but am hoping its helped raise a bit of awareness of the site!

Then around 4pm I spoke with a reporter from The Metro - a free paper on public transport in the UK asking for a little more information about the cycle, Jack and Melanie and why we were doing the cycle. I explained we were - most of us anyway - desk bound for work so the cycle itself was not an easy task!

I am hoping - as is the reporter - that the story will be in tomorrows edition of The Metro!

On that note, I'm off to make sure I've got enough t-shirts, socks and toothpaste for the week...at least these days I don't have to worry too much about shampoo!

Remember, whilst we are away, I'll still be posting here with updates, I may not be able to get you pictures until I get back but you'll be able to read about the thrills, spills, monotony, rain, shine...whatever happens you'll know about it! Well...as far as cycling is concerned anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mauro, just want to wish you and the guys good luck!!!! Its so wonderful to see the dedication you all have and it is truly an honor for Jack to be remembered by you all and for all this money to go to the Hospice. I was actually at the hospice tonight, they are still supporting me & Scott. I can not thank them enough. I look forward to hearing about the trip.

We wish you all a safe & fun adventure.

Melanie & Scott MacPherson