Friday, July 25, 2008

Exhausted

Mental fatigue affects us all at some point. It can actually be more debilitating than physical exhaustion which is easily fixed by a good meal and rest. Mental exhaustion leads to problems like sleep loss, low concentration, irritability, lethargy and so on. You specially dont make sense any more.

What causes it? Well, stress/anxiety/lack of sleep...being always on.

I've found that it takes me a long time to wind down from work - specially when you work longer hours to catch up or are taking calls at home. To combat these issues I've decided to dedicate only 2 hours a night at most to catching up with work; after that its a physical change to a different environment and clothes to help mentally switch off.

Hopefully maintaining a set routine will help too. The other thing that I need to control is my attention levels. These can be helped with nutritional supplements such as vitamin B-complexes.

Increasing blood oxygen levels also helps aid concentration and reduce mental fatigue as well as physical fatigue. All this cycling is surely helping me to do that!?!

I'm going to start a slight diet modification next week in the hope it will help and will keep you posted.

No comments: