Friday, July 18, 2008

And so it begins...

Last night was a really productive one. We managed to get a route almost sorted. Booked 4 of the 7 nights accomodation. And designed the tshirts - mostly.

The Tshirts are being very kindly paid for by the company Tom works for (Northern Marine Management Ltd.). I used to work for them too and have to admit that if it wasn't for working with them after university I would never have got where I am today, nor would we be doing this cycle for charity.

The Shirts (printed by http://www.streetshirts.co.uk/) are going to look like this - and no I am not showing you the front as its a surprise (and we dont have the high res images yet for them anyway).


We'll be staying in hostels most of the time; it's something I've never done but am looking forward to it. Specially since I emailed some last night about 10pm (UK) and got responses from them before I went to bed - despite them being hours in front of us! Now thats what I call service!

The Upshot of this is that so much stress has been relieved that I actually woke myself up from a dream because I was laughing so loud in it.

Honestly, despite knowing that we are going to be in pain most of the time we are cycling and that its a long long cycle, I am really looking forward to the trip. It's going to be an amazing journey of self discovery and time to figure out my real priorities in life.

No comments: