Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hey Presta!

Well given my adventure coming home on thursday night I decided to fit a different set of tubes to my bike...at least this way I would be able to use ANY bike pump/car pump to inflate my tyres and not left doing a half arsed rocky training montage sequence to get home.

I bought the new tubes, took my bike to bits and tried to fit them. They managed to get through the first hole in the rim but not the second one...who designed this bike?!

Never one to give up I got out my trusty drill and started drilling the rims VERY VERY carefully.

The result: a bike with NORMAL valves and me not being left stranded anywhere again. The lesson learned is that we have to ensure that when we do cycle to Norway that we have the right adapters and that the rims of ALL the bikes can take normal Schrader valves instead of the skinny Presta valves.

See what I did with the blog post title now? and you thought I just couldn't spell!

No comments: