Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ah well its all training...

On the way home tonight I suffered the worst luck ever...

Jumped a kerb and then promptly found that my tyre was flat...ARGH! I thought it wouldnt be an issue, I have a pump, a puncture repair kit and used to be a mechanic...

So there I am at the side of the road bike in bits and as I reach for the pump I find its missing. It must have fallen off at some point after leaving work and me getting the puncture but I'll be a monkeys uncle if I am going to go back and look for it.

There I am 5 miles from no-where, a flat tyre and no way to fix it. Damned Presta Valves!

In the end I did what I had to do, shouldered the bike and tried to Jog/Walk home the rest of the way. Hey its exercise and its all for a good cause. Jack didn't have it easy so why should I!

No comments: