Thursday, February 19, 2009

from deepest darkest Peru...

Sometimes even the most positive of us has deep dark thoughts that do nothing for our demeanour, social life or work life. It's a fact of life that at some point you will get stressed beyond your abilities to easily shrug it off. This week has been one of those weeks for me.

I've been in a pretty foul mood all week. Culminating last night in an inability to even concentrate on lifting weights, something which I normally find helps clear my mind. I almost dropped a 120Kg stack of weights when in the middle of straightening up for a leg press I just gave up.

After that it was downhill for the night, I could press less and less weight, even things which I normally find easy were a struggle. Although, looking at the state of my hands you'd think I did more last night than I do normally...

No-one. Absolutely no-one can go through life without venting occasionally, always being switched on and always giving 100%. Occasionally you have to give a little. I struggle to allow that to happen. I very rarely take my full quota of annual leave at work - in fact, in the 6yrs since I have graduated, I've always carried at least 7 of my 20 days over. One year I carried 14 days.

Relaxation and venting are not in my nature yet I have to make them part of me. The blog has helped somewhat.

A good nights sleep seemed to help put things in perspective but more than that was a couple of good friends (you know who you are) letting me vent with them. I guess the next few days and the upcoming weekend will tell if I have truly de-stressed.

If not, theres always kickboxing!

No comments: