Thursday, June 19, 2008

The ring of fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down,down,down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns,burns,burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire.

only those of you who have ever ridden a bike beyond the recommended distance will know what I am talking about. For those of you who have more mental acuity than people like me who cycle all the time, I'll explain.

My butt was in tatters...riding 28 miles on a rock hard seat with a skinny ass like mine means I was going to be in pain but I didn't expect pain akin to eating 17 rogan josh's and washing it down with a few pints of vinegar.

Before I go to sweden I WILL be investing in a decent gel seat for the bike...

and some ice...

and hopefully I'll be able to find an obliging Swedette who will help massage the pain out

Hey, it's not all about being selfless and enduring a huge cycle for charity. I'm getting some reward from doing it too! :)

But seriously, a comfortable seat also means that I'll be able to pedal for longer without giving in to the pain in my butt before my legs are too tired to go on.

No comments: