Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pop quiz!

You travel for work, you have no bike. What do you do? What DO you do?

Necessity is the mother of invention. I am not able to take my bike with me on business trips so I need to figure out how to maintain my training without a bike. I don't and can't run. Despite being able to cycle 40+ miles I still cant run more than 1 mile.

So instead of working on stamina through cycling or running I will work on muscle fitness in a different way. I can easily remember all the training I did for kick boxing all those years ago so I'll work out using the exercises from there.

For those of you who are skeptical about how good that is, I ran from Irvine to Troon on the beach with no prep training other than the two nights a week kickboxing. 10 miles on sand is a punishment for anyone.

The training is a bit like circuit training, working each muscle group till it begins to fatigue and then moving on to the next group. Once you work your way through each group you start again. Just what am I going to do?

Starting off by stretching all those muscles and ligaments that I haven't used in years
Lots of Press ups, leg raises, crunches, sit ups, squat thrusts, lunges, twists, extensions etc.
Some Kata's to make sure I am limbered up and then repeat the process in reverse.

Well hopefully all that won't kill me!

No comments: