Monday, May 07, 2012

Blogging... why do it? whats it about?

I think its safe to say that given my absence over the few years that I've lost the drive and motivations that made me blog in the past.  Past motivations include: work, charity cycles and the training to be able to complete them, technology as a whole and a general want to better certain aspects of my life. 

Whats changed?

Not a lot to be honest, I haven't changed much over the years; my priorities have; work pressures changed; my family life has changed a lot - given I have a family of my own now as opposed to just a close bunch of very good friends in the past. 

Why blog?

I think in the past my drive/motivation was spurred on by both friends to help build the drive, and by blogging about it to maintain it during the downtime between chatting with friends.  Health got in the way of the cycling unfortunately and especially earlier this year when it hospitalised me again. 

Technology used to motivate my curiosity but recently with working up to 70 hours a week that's taken its toll and meant that I don't like sitting with a laptop or PC working on my own projects - hoping that will change soon though.

I also passed my big boy motorbike test last year and spent a fair bit of time working on the "new" used bike to get it roadworthy and usable - its 17yrs old and like me has its fair share of issues but my stubbornness about not letting things lie has led me to fix all but the last issue with it, I'll work on that over the coming weeks so I can then get it on the road and bum around for a while.

Life though has had the biggest changes, thanks to very good friends, lets call them Messrs F, H, R, C, and M along with Mme MMM, I managed over the years to come out of my shell and become more confident about who I was and my life, including the hell that is caused by my bowel.  I can honestly say that without their help, comedic timing and general overall acceptance that I was a computer nerd that I wouldn't be where I am today.

More recently a chat with a friend over pizzas at the weekend drove home a lot of thoughts that I'd already been thinking.  I really hope that all the stresses over the past year or two will dissipate over the next few months - no one can really tell if that is the case or not but I hope so.

 

Am I going to blog more regularly?


Who knows? at the moment I'm suffering from a bit of brain drain - I think the above has all taken its toll - but given a little time (including down time) I should manage to get back to my old self.

 

No comments: